Below are the step-by-step instructions to successfully install rlxOS on your system:
- Visit our official homepage at rlxos.dev to download the latest stable ISO release.
- Save the downloaded ISO file, as you will need it for creating the installation media.
- Additionally, ensure you have a spare USB flash drive with a minimum storage capacity of 4 GiB to use for the installation process.
To create the installation media, follow these steps:
- Connect the spare USB flash drive with at least 4 GiB capacity to your computer.
- Download and install Rufus, a tool that helps in creating bootable USB drives. You can get it from rufus.io.
- Launch Rufus and select the downloaded rlxOS ISO file in the "Boot select" option.
- Keep the default settings in Rufus, as they are usually suitable for creating the bootable media.
- Click the "START" button to initiate the process. It might take a moment to begin.
Once the process is complete, you can proceed to boot your system from the newly created installation media.
For a detailed visual guide on installing rlxOS, you can watch the video provided below. It will walk you through the entire installation process.
Here are some useful tips and tricks to enhance your experience with rlxOS:
- Access Linux Virtual Terminal: You can access the Linux VT by pressing CTRL+ALT+F2. From there, you can log in as the root user with the password root.
- Modify Installation Script: The installation script can be found at /etc/os-installer/scripts/configure.sh. You can view and make changes to this script if needed.
Once the installation is complete, we recommend reading the Getting Started guide provided by rlxOS. It will help you familiarize yourself with your new operating system and make the most of its features.
Enjoy using rlxOS, and welcome to our community of users! If you encounter any issues or have questions, feel free to reach out to our support channels for assistance. Happy computing!